HolidayPirates (www.holidaypirates.com) is one of Europe’s fastest growing, free-to-use, travel search platforms and apps, providing users with the best value for money international travel deals. Since its inception in 2012, the company has grown the biggest online travel community in the world.
HolidayPirates Group continues to expand its online presence in Germany, UK, Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Poland, France, Spain, Switzerland, and most recently, the USA. Our 200 employees from 33 different countries work on 10 websites in 7 different languages.
HolidayPirates Group operates the following domains: urlaubspiraten.de, HolidayPirates.com, urlaubspiraten.at, PiratinViaggio.it, VakantiePiraten.nl, VoyagesPirates.fr, wakacyjnipiraci.pl , ViajerosPiratas.es, SemesterPiraterna.se, Ferienpiraten.ch and TravelPirates.com
Companies founded under HolidayPirates Group are: VoyagesPirates SAS in France; HolidayPirates Ltd. in London; Flynder GmbH in Germany for exclusive and unique flight deals; Pirate Technologies d.o.o in Serbia for new technologies and the advancement of our own product; and TravelPirates Corp. in the US, launched in February 2016.
Facts and figures:
- Global headquarters in Berlin, Germany
- Management: Igor Simonow and Sebastian Kaatz (both Co-founders) and David Armstrong (CEO)
- Numbers: More than 9 million Facebook fans, 8 million App downloads, 800.000 Newsletter subscribers
HolidayPirates Group is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, musical taste, race, color, gender, religion, ice cream flavor preference, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
As a new member of the HolidayPirates Group, Pirate Technologies d.o.o was founded by the group in Belgrade in late 2015. The base was established for further investments in new technology and the advancement of our own product.
Do you love programming?
Do you spend your time thinking about how to make things you’ve already made, better? Do you get excited when you are able to implement something completely new where the only limitation is your imagination? When you come across a new piece of technology, do you automatically think of all the amazing new superpowers it will give you and new things that you will be able to do with them? If so, don’t wait any longer and apply now!We are currently looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join our new team in Belgrade and help us improve our existing products and build exciting new ones!
Duties on deck:
- Write a qualitative, clean and maintainable code
- Implement and tweak awesome features, but most importantly work on the heart of SoA.
- Stay on top of the latest advancements in backend technologies and architectures
- Coach and mentor other team members
- Optimize and tweak high traffic websites and apps that are used by millions of users
Your treasure of experience:
- At least 5 years of experience as a backend developer
- A good understanding of MySQL, including complex queries and optimization
- High proficiency using object-oriented PHP and modern web frameworks like Laravel and/or Symfony2
- Strong skillset with regards to design and implementation of APIs
- Experience with Composer (bonus points for creators of open source packages)
- Self-motivation and a passion for learning new technologies
- Very good English skills
Extra knots for:
- Experience with GraphQL is a big bonus
Our ship & our crew offer you:
If you like our offer...
- We will provide the technology equipment/gadgets of your choice
- We will give you freedom for your creativity
- Flexible working hours
- A corporate culture in which it is fun to contribute manpower and initiative
- A great team with smart colleagues
- Regular “Hack days” in order to try out new and interesting technologies and capabilities, as well as regular team events
- An attractive and competitive salary
- Support for relocation
- Barrels of juice and boxes of suits - as much as you like!
- Anchoring berth directly in Belgrade - Serbia
We are looking forward to receive your application in English. And don’t forget to let us know about your salary expectations and start date.Please submit all document in PDF-format! Other document types won't be accepted by our system.Work like a captain, play like a pirate!