HolidayPirates (www.holidaypirates.com) is one of Europe’s fastest growing, free-to-use, travel search platforms and apps, providing users with the best value for money international travel deals. Since its inception in 2012, the company has grown the biggest online travel community in the world.
HolidayPirates Group continues to expand its online presence in Germany, UK, Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Poland, France, Spain, Switzerland, and most recently, the USA. Our 200 employees from 33 different countries work on 10 websites in 7 different languages.
HolidayPirates Group operates the following domains: urlaubspiraten.de, HolidayPirates.com, urlaubspiraten.at, PiratinViaggio.it, VakantiePiraten.nl, VoyagesPirates.fr, wakacyjnipiraci.pl , ViajerosPiratas.es, SemesterPiraterna.se, Ferienpiraten.ch and TravelPirates.com
Companies founded under HolidayPirates Group are: VoyagesPirates SAS in France; HolidayPirates Ltd. in London; Flynder GmbH in Germany for exclusive and unique flight deals; Pirate Technologies d.o.o in Serbia for new technologies and the advancement of our own product; and TravelPirates Corp. in the US, launched in February 2016.
Facts and figures:
- Global headquarters in Berlin, Germany
- Management: Igor Simonow and Sebastian Kaatz (both Co-founders) and David Armstrong (CEO)
- Numbers: More than 9 million Facebook fans, 8 million App downloads, 800.000 Newsletter subscribers
HolidayPirates Group is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, musical taste, race, color, gender, religion, ice cream flavor preference, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
As a new member of the HolidayPirates Group, Pirate Technologies d.o.o was founded by the group in Belgrade in late 2015. The base was established for further investments in new technology and the advancement of our own product.
Looking for a challenging job opportunities in Data Engineer?
We are looking for a Junior Data Engineer to join our Data team to help us build great infrastructure, tooling and data pipeline for BI, research and product engineering teams. Our Data Team is responsible for building and running the systems that allow us to store, manage and expose our data in order to gain great insights and surfice best and most inspiring travel deals for our users.
Please note that this is an engineering position, not an analyst one.
Challenging enough? Read on!
Duties on deck:
- ETL & Pipelines with Apache Nifi
- Creation of new pipelines
- Custom plugins and processors
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting on structured and unstructured data (S3 logs, MySQL, RedShift)
- Analyse data needs/requests from other departments
- Management of DWH and data marts
- Use issue tracker to report task progress/completion
- Update wiki with important documentation or procedures
Your treasure of experience:
- At least 1 years of professional experience
- Basic familiarity with at least one scripting or programming language
- Able to work with Spreadsheets and RDBMS database systems
- Able to write and understand SQL queries
- Able to understand abstract processes and conceptualize workflows
- Team player with good communication and reporting skills
Extra knots for:
- Working knowledge of Apache Nifi
- Experience with AWS
- Java, Python, Spark, Hive, or MapReduce
- Database design principles
Our ship & our crew offer you:
If you like our offer...
- We will provide the technology equipment/gadgets of your choice
- We will give you freedom for your creativity
- Flexible working hours
- A corporate culture in which it is fun to contribute manpower and initiative
- A great team with smart colleagues
- Regular “Hack days” in order to try out new and interesting technologies and capabilities, as well as regular team events
- An attractive and competitive salary
- Support for relocation
- Barrels of juice and boxes of suits - as much as you like!
- Anchoring berth directly in Belgrade - Serbia
We are looking forward to receive your application in English. And don’t forget to let us know about your salary expectations and start date.Please submit all document in PDF-format! Other document types won't be accepted by our system.Work like a captain, play like a pirate!