HolidayPirates (www.holidaypirates.com) is one of Europe’s fastest growing, free-to-use, travel search platforms and apps, providing users with the best value for money international travel deals. Since its inception in 2012, the company has grown the biggest online travel community in the world.
HolidayPirates Group continues to expand its online presence in Germany, UK, Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Poland, France, Spain, Switzerland, and most recently, the USA. Our 200 employees from 33 different countries work on 10 websites in 7 different languages.
HolidayPirates Group operates the following domains: urlaubspiraten.de, HolidayPirates.com, urlaubspiraten.at, PiratinViaggio.it, VakantiePiraten.nl, VoyagesPirates.fr, wakacyjnipiraci.pl , ViajerosPiratas.es, SemesterPiraterna.se, Ferienpiraten.ch and TravelPirates.com
Companies founded under HolidayPirates Group are: VoyagesPirates SAS in France; HolidayPirates Ltd. in London; Flynder GmbH in Germany for exclusive and unique flight deals; Pirate Technologies d.o.o in Serbia for new technologies and the advancement of our own product; and TravelPirates Corp. in the US, launched in February 2016.
Facts and figures:
- Global headquarters in Berlin, Germany
- Management: David Armstrong (CEO)
- Numbers: More than 9 million Facebook fans, 8 million App downloads, 800.000 Newsletter subscribers
HolidayPirates Group is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, musical taste, race, color, gender, religion, ice cream flavor preference, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
As a Frontend developer (m/f), the work of the whole team converges with you. Everything our users see goes through your hands.
Duties on deck:
- Write a qualitative, clean and maintainable code
- Implement and tweak awesome features
- Stay on top of the latest advancements in frontend engineering
- Work on a re-usable frontend library of components
Your treasure of experience:
- At least 5 years of experience as a frontend developer (m/f)
- Experience with one or more frontend frameworks (jQuery, AngularJS, VueJS, React)
- Ability to write and architect good templates in any form (Mustache, Twig, Handlebars, etc.)
- Automated Software Tests
- Knowledge of source-code preprocessing (e.g. SASS, JS transpiling) and different programming paradigms
- Good working knowledge of how to implement a responsive design
- Solid understanding of browser internals and networks
- Very good English skills
Extra knots for:
- Experience with Git, Gulp and NodeJS
Our ship & our crew offer you:
Remember, only a fully loaded ship can set sail - we only consider applications with CV and samples of your code in zipped plain text files and/or a link to your Github and/or Stackoverflow profile is highly appreciated.
- We will provide the technology equipment/gadgets of your choice
- Regular "Hack days" in order to try out new and interesting technologies and capabilities, as well as regular team events
- A fast growing company in which you can take the helm and realize your ideas
- Inspiring mates from all over the world
- Anchoring berth directly at the Spree with a great view
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to join company pension scheme
- Support in relocation
- Regular team events
- Social area with table tennis, table football and a comfy dining area
- Pirate bar with bottles of rum – yo-ho a pirate's life for me!
- Barrels of juice and boxes of fruit – as much as you like!
Work like a captain, play like pirate!